Gen Z’s Beverage Evolution
Winning with Gen Z is crucial to any brand or retailer’s continued growth. For BevAlc brands in particular, understanding Gen Z consumers is crucial— because those Zoomers that can buy alcohol are less likely to do so than Millennials, and spend $150 less on alcohol per year.
In this New Frontier report, we analyzed the behavior of our 21+ Gen Z panelists to understand how Zoomers currently think about, consume, and purchase alcohol, as well as which brands are already capturing Gen Z’s share of wallet.
Download the New Frontier report for the full analysis. Key takeaways include:
- Gen Z finds alcohol less appealing overall and has greater concern for its impact on mood and public behavior than Millennials.
- Within key alcohol segments, Gen Z drinkers are spending more on sweeter options, especially flavored malt beverages, cognac, cordials, and blush wine.
- Gen Z drinkers associate wine and mixed cocktails with dining and special occasions, while beer competes with canned drinks for casual social events.
- Smirnoff Ice, Mike’s Hard, Seagram’s, and Malibu currently perform the best with Gen Z.
- YouTube, Snapchat, and TikTok are the most effective platforms for reaching Gen Z drinkers pre- and post-shop.