Shifts in Toy Consumer Behavior & Future Intentions Amid Inflation
The pandemic triggered a significant boost for toys & games, with both sales and household penetration in the category seeing marked increases over the past two years. But is this growth sustainable as consumers resume pre-pandemic lifestyles amid the added pressure of rising prices?
In this analysis, we examine COVID-driven shifts in toy purchase behavior and provide a look forward at consumer expectations for future category purchases in the face of inflation. Download the report to learn:
- How key category metrics have trended since the onset of the pandemic.
- Which channels saw the biggest boost from increased pandemic purchasing.
- The demographic breakdown of the new-to-category shoppers who are driving growth.
- Whether new habits adopted during the pandemic will stick post-COVID.
- How inflation will impact future buying decisions in the category.