In-store and Online sales declining among vaccinated shoppers after a few weeks of steady rise
- In-store sales have been rising consistently among vaccinated shoppers since mid-February, but now seem to be slowing down. Online sales have followed a similar trend, indicating that in-store sales won’t necessarily impact online sales directly.
- Gas & Convenience sales see the clearest upwards trend, as increased mobility post-vaccine compounds with natural seasonal increases.
- QSR sales continue to climb as comfort with out-of-home eating increases within the group.
In-store trips remain elevated from 2020 levels, though decline in recent weeks
- Similarly to sales, overall in-store trips are up among vaccinated shoppers in recent weeks, as they grow more comfortable with out-of-home behaviors. Trips spiked around Easter and have softened some since.
- An early read into the final week of April shows online orders dipping below 2020 levels. However, online occasions among vaccinated shoppers are tracking similarly to in-store trips, and don’t appear to be declining in response to in-store increases.
Vaccinated shoppers hold steady in-store, decrease online
- The number of vaccinated individuals shopping in-store remains steady overall, with increases seen in Club, Gas & Convenience, and Home Improvement channels.
- Households shopping online has seen a steady decline since the beginning of 2021, indicating some vaccinated shoppers may be moving away from online shopping.
How are vaccinated shoppers interacting with your brand?
Want to learn more about Numerator's Premium Vaccine groups and how vaccinated, unvaccinated, and anti-vaccine individuals are impacting your business? Reach out to your Numerator consultant, or fill out the form to the right to get in touch with one of our representatives.
NUM-WR-2019 Get In Touch - No Data Type
Want to Know More?
Check out additional COVID-19 consumer tracking and reopening content linked below or in our resources tab.
Monthly Consumer Sentiment Survey
As vaccine efforts increase, how do consumers feel and what are they up to?
The Impact of COVID-19 on Consumer Behavior
How has consumer behavior changed in light of COVID-19?
COVID Buyer Habit Index
Which new behaviors are likely to stick in our post-COVID routines?